Saturday, January 30, 2010

the untouchable activenyboyinla


So as you are all well aware of by now, there are not many lookers in the world of online dating, which is why I was forced to break my don’t-initiate-contact rule when I came across a profile that seemed too good to be true. His name was activenyboyinla...It was perfect.


First I sent a wink. I wanted him to notice me, but I didn’t want to be too aggressive (this original philosophy would not hold for long).

It was a significant blow to my self-esteem when a few silent days went by. Maybe he just wasn’t a “wink” type of guy, I thought. It was time to step up my game. So I composed the perfect message…it was completely normal, nice, and even had a tone of friendliness to it, which is really sometimes difficult for me. It read…

Subject: NONE

Hey! I came across your profile and thought I'd say hi. You're from NY I take it? I lived there one summer and I'm obsessed with the city and try to go back as much as possible. How does LA compare for you? Hope to talk soon!

I mean, come on...You don’t get any nicer/more normal than that. I reasoned that this message, coupled with my new profile pic (a certain someone made fun of me for having a profile pic with sunglasses—apparently only ugly people do that), would be a recipe for success. Days went by and NOTHING.

And his profile says “active within 24 hours” so unless my message was lost by the Internet Mailman, I know he read it. Match also has a little system where they try to keep a person’s desperation in line with this running tally system, but I was not deterred.

Next, I did what any normal girl would do, and made my friend Care124 write him an equally pleasant message to see if perhaps blondes just weren’t his type. She got no response either. This was getting ridiculous—Who does this activenyboyinla think he is? How could he not respond to two of match.com’s finest bachelorettes? And more importantly who was he talking too? (the female crop of women on Match is equally as frightening as the mens’). It was time to take action against Mr. Active. So I did what any not-so-normal girl would do and send him a message of a slightly different tone. It read...

Subject: RESPOND...

...if you don’t want to end up here: http://demodeone.blogspot.com/

Needless to say, if he had responded you would not be reading this post. Activenyboyinla did not heed my warning so you know what?? I have one final message for him and that is…

No comments:

Post a Comment